Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
Malt Beer Masterclass
Malt; arguably the most important ingredients in beer and the backbone of every beer style for millennia.
3 Ravens is one of the only breweries in Australia to malt barley in house.
Join our maltster and brewer Bill for lunch and a truly unique look at one of the core ingredients of our most loved beverage.
Our malting and brewing masterclass will be an in depth look at the history of malting, its influence on brewing throughout history and its importance in creating modern styles.
This course includes:
- Tour with a brewer of 3 Ravens
- A sharing sit down style feast from A1 Bakery Fairfield (dietary requirements can be catered for- please include these in the special requirements section).
- Guided beer tasting of 3 Ravens' Malt beers
- Tastings of 7 different beers
- This class focuses on malt driven beers, you'll learn about different varieties and history of the style.
A litlle about 3 Ravens Brewery
One of the pioneers of the Australian craft beer revolution, 3 Ravens has been knocking out quality craft beer since 2003.
Engineered by hand, our beers are the product of a craft brewing process in which traditional methods meet exacting standards. We take care to emphasise quality over quantity and use only the finest natural ingredients.
We have won multiple awards over the years, however none as prestigious as the 2014 Australian International Beer Awards where we took out the coveted prizes of Champion Australian Small Brewery and Best British Style Ale.
We are dedicated to brewing beers of distinct character, to be savoured for their robust flavour and uniqueness. Cheers!
- Taste your way through Malt Beers from 3 Ravens under the expert guidance of one of our brewery team
- See behind the scenes of a fully functioning, iconic Melbourne craft brewery
- Learn 3 Ravens' approach to Malt driven beers
- Comprehensive brewery tour
- Sharing style feast
- Guided tasting of Malt Beers from 3 Ravens
- Your interest to learn
- An empty stomach
Closed-toe shoes essential
Everyone who loves beer, is interested in beer or knows nothing about beer.