Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
Malt Masterclass & Midwinter Feast
To help celebrate our Winter Solstice Celebration - Dark Mass, we're hosting a masterclass focused on malt, the single most important ingredient in the history of beer! Take an in-depth look at the history of malting, its influence on brewing throughout history and its importance in creating modern beer styles.
Taste your way through 7 different beers on tap (many single keg-only releases), including a 14.2% Barrel Aged Imperial Milk Stout we'll be launching in tinnies on the day. Join us for a tour of the brewery, beer tasting and a midwinter feast from CookShop!
This course includes a tour with a brewer of 3 Ravens Brewery, guided beer tasting of 3 Ravens' Dark beers, tastings of 7 different beers (see beer list below!) and a sharing sit down style feast from CookShop Rotisserie of Clifton Hill (dietary requirements can be catered for- please include these in the special requirements section). Menu listed below.
Beer line up
- Red Acid 3.5% (Blended Sour Red Ale)
- Nobody Know When You're Sauerkraut 6.5% (Extra Irish Red Ale)
- Australian Old Ale 9.7% (Wild Ale)
- Robust Porter 5.8% (Porter)
- Choc Mint Shake 6% (Milkshake IPA)
- Imperial Brown Ale 8.5% (Brown Ale)
- Barrel Aged Imperial Milk Stout 14.2% (Imperial Stout)
Sharing style feast from Cookshop Rotisserie
- Barrel stave bbq Bannockburn chicken, marinated in lemon and herbs
- Slow cooked Victorian fallow, red acid spiced quince
- Caramelized brussel sprouts w/ barrel aged imperial milk stout rarebit
- Fennel crumble
- Red quinoa, beetroot, cauliflower leaves and feta
- Castelfranco, radicchio, pear and radish
A little about 3 Ravens Brewery:
One of the pioneers of the Australian craft beer revolution, 3 Ravens has been knocking out quality craft beer since 2003.
Engineered by hand, our beers are the product of a craft brewing process in which traditional methods meet exacting standards. We take care to emphasise quality over quantity and use only the finest natural ingredients.
We have won multiple awards over the years, including the 2014 Australian International Beer Awards where we took out the coveted prizes of Champion Australian Small Brewery and Best British Style Ale and most recently 2018 Champion Australian Small Brewery and Best Belgian Style Ale at the Perth Royal Beer Awards.
We are dedicated to brewing beers of distinct character, to be savoured for their robust flavour and uniqueness.
A little about CookShop Rotisserie:
Based in Fitzroy North they're all about - creative, community, fire, wood, charcoal, seasonal, house-made everything, fermentation, special events catering, honest, delicious and of course REAL. GOOD. FOOD.
- Taste your way through dark beers from 3 Ravens under the expert guidance of a brewerf our brewery team
- See behind the scenes of a fully functioning, iconic Melbourne craft brewery
- Learn 3 Ravens' approach to dark beers
- Comprehensive brewery tour
- Sharing style feast from CookShop Rotisserie
- Guided tasting of dark beers from 3 Ravens
- Your interest to learn
- An empty stomach
Closed-toe shoes essential
Everyone who loves beer, is interested in beer or knows nothing about beer.